Sunday 5 June 2011

2 More Wins

Fuck it, I'm leaving Grapes up for another day. He thinks Vancouver's gonna win the Cup, so he deserves a 2-day reign as Champion of the Coughup Universe.

Apologies on the tardiness of this blog. As you probably guessed, I have been partying nonstop since Burrows scored 11 FUCKING SECONDS into overtime of game 2!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!
What is that dudes deal?! Seriously?! He seems to ALWAYS come up big when his boys need him the most. It's unbelievable, and I mean that in a very literal sense. I literally can't believe what I'm seeing when he keeps scoring big goal, after big goal, after big goal. THEN, to make matters even more spine-tingling, he goes ahead and salutes his late buddy Luc Bourdon with a bow and arrow into the sky. Yikes, chills just thinking about it.
His story is one that I'd like to say is fit for Hollywood, but I almost think it isn't because it's literally too unbelievable, and too (potentially) picture perfect.
I would also like to point something else out about Mr. Burrows. Famous early on in his career for his "deer in the headlights" look in the camera during interviews, now he's pretty smooth behind the mic. BUT, BUT, listen to how often he says the word "obviously". It cracks me up, and is vital if you're to ever do an impression of Burrows around your buddies.
So what did we see in the game last night? We saw that Boston has the ability to score goals. Yes. I suddenly thought near the beginning of this game, "what if Boston doesn't score AT ALL in this series?", but alas, they did, and actually had the lead for a little while.
Daniel Sedin sent it to overtime, on a play that I thought Thomas almost got with his pad. That would've been the greatest save in the history of hockey, had he done that. What a nice camera shot of Daniel looking up to the heavens and crashing into a swarm of glass-protected Canucks fans. Love it.
Burrows doesn't know how to quit, and he leads by example in that way. I'm starting to think that no one on this Canucks team has any quit in them this year. I'm really believing some seriously fun celebrations are gonna go down here by next week's end. .......If yesterday was any indication, and if this morning was any indication, then put your party boots on. We're not stopping til October!!!! (that's when the new season will begin.)

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment