Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tomorrow. We dine. IN HELLL!

I think that's a line from the movie "300", but I've never watched that shit before, so it's just an uneducated guess. I'm too much of a snob to watch the movie "300", although I did hear someone tell me that my playoff beard looks like Gerard Butler's beard in that flick, so I'll take that as a compliment thank you very much.
Tomorrow is the last game of the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.
I'm curious as to what will happen after tomorrow. Like a week after. I remember after the Olympics were over, people were some kinda fucked up. I didn't stop drinking until about a month after Sid beat Miller shortside. I also wondered if I had done permanent damage to my vocal chords, because I couldn't speak in full volume for, ohhhh, about 2 weeks after. People were breaking up with their lovers, running out of town, freaking out about maxed credit cards, and re-living the Olympic experience just to stay sane for the months that followed. What the hell is going to happen in Vancouver?! The Olympics was 16 days, this has been over 60 days of some of the most dramatic theatre a fan could ask for. Fuck, it's been too dramatic, who am I kidding? Wouldn't it have been nice to just go 16-0, 4 sweeps, and hoists the grail? Easier on the ulcers, that's for sure. Is there gonna be a massive hangover, though? I'm a bit nervous for that. I don't wanna wake up with a Mike Tyson tattoo on my face, although I am thinking of shaving my head. What grand post-playoff goals are you setting for yourself? I have about 10 of them, and am banking on what the Canucks have taught me about perseverance, relentlessness, courage, and heart to ensure that I accomplish all of them.
I hope Raffi Torres injures Johnny Boychuk tomorrow.
Imagine the possibilities for tomorrow! Literally ANYTHING can happen. Picture the best case scenario in your head....
Here's mine, If I was God of Hockey, I would write it this way.
The twins get 2 points each. Kesler's pain goes away and he plays with 2 good legs, just for 1 game. Lu is solid, just solid, that's all I ask.
We go into overtime. Burrows. Bow and Arrow. Cup.
Handshakes.
It probably won't happen this way, as it seems that the unlikeliest of heroes step up in game 7's. The Glass's, Tambellini's, Thornton's, Paille's.
One thing is for sure, regardless of the outcome, many grown men will weep openly tomorrow, so make sure you have kleenex around you at all times.
May you all have fun tomorrow, may you all be with loved ones tomorrow, may you cheer until your eyes pop out, may you cheer EVEN IF WE DON'T GET THE FIRST GOAL, may you cheer until the buzzer sounds.
May the Canucks win the Stanley Cup?

xosmlxo

2 comments:

  1. thank you for being my guide. i have loved every second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, CHEER till the BUZZER sounds! That's key! First goal is important, but the most goals is what wins.
    Pray, smoke, drink, eat, fuck, cheer, scream, yell, and cry.

    ReplyDelete