Wednesday 8 June 2011

yikes...

Well, I will make this short, for I must learn to not let a game that I am not actually apart of/have no control over affect me so greatly.
Stopped watching after the 4th goal, so I have no idea how it ended up. I assume unfavourable to Canucks fans, and the players, too, as I'm not hearing any honking.
I will only say this, as I remove my Canucks sweater that makes me look like a giant piece of that candy that kids throw out at halloween - candy corn, i think it's called. The Canucks look tired. Like they've collectively ran out of gas. I think this is the case because the forwards who haven't played as much seem to still be skating pretty hard, but even they look sluggish. Burrows didn't from what I saw, but there's no quit in him, or in his body.
To a man, exhaustion is written all over their faces. and their bodies too. The twins are limping around, Kesler is slow.
Feel bad for Ballard, one of those nights where nothing goes right for the guy.
If they lose this series, and the Cup, it'll be because they've got nothing left in the tank. And I could live with that. I remember a wise baseball coach of mine saying that as a team, physical mistakes will happen, but it's the mental mistakes that you must eliminate. Very true, and when your body no longer listens to your willpower, it's tough not to make physical mistakes. Can't fault the boys for pushing themselves to the limit. We must remember that they are "boys", or men, and not machines.
However, imagine what could happen if 17 000 strong are screaming their faces off in Rogers Arena on Friday? and 10's of 1000's in the streets? Might be able to distract that ravaged, exhausted body for 60 minutes.

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment