Tuesday 7 June 2011

What the hell kinda whack-ass bullshit is that?!

FOUR GAMES?!
eye for a muthafuckin eye!? NOOOOO! You got it all WRONG, NHL! again!
I mean, sure, as a fan, it's not like we lost a Sedin or Kesler for the remainder of the playoffs, but still! Gimme a break.
Ben Eager tried, with all the power he had in him, to end Daniel Sedin's season last series. One of the dirtiest, most gutless checks of all time. No suspension! and why? Because (I can't believe I'm saying this after what I wrote in my last blog) Daniel was man enough to get up and not fake like he had a broken back!
So you're suspending guys based on the damage done to the victim. Okay, then why the fuck wasn't Zdeno Chara suspended for BREAKING Max Pacioretty's NECK!!!!
In the words of legendary Vancouver Canucks sportswriter Tony Gallagher, "WAKE UPPPP, NHL!"
In the words of legendary beak-show, smooth-pimp, and all-around cool dude Jeremy Roenick, "WAKE UPPP, NHL! WAKE THE FUCK UP!"
Ya, maybe Homeboy should've been suspended. Actually, ya, he should've been. It was a late hit, and therefore dirty, so he deserved a game. but not FOUR!
The native of Souris (pronouced "Surris", not like a mouse in french) Manitoba has never been in trouble with the league before. He's never been suspended. He's a clean, working-man's stay-at-home defenseman. He collects a small paycheque in comparison to most, and he's scratched and clawed his way into the NHL. He worked his way into his coach's good books these playoffs by being dependable. One mistake that took a nanosecond, and his Stanley Cup dream is over. Bullshit.
I know, I know, so is Nathan Horton's...but don't be admiring your passes, and you won't end up on a stretcher. It takes one guy to leave himself vulnerable for an attack, and one guy to capitalize on the vulnerability. That's sports, and that's life sometimes. Let your guard down, and someone might take what you thought was yours. Gotta stay on your toes, People.
I'm officially infected by Blackhawkitis, by the way. I can see this series getting away from us. I can barely see it, and i'm fighting this crippling virus that is slowly and sneakily ravaging my body and psyche, but it's there. I can't help it.
I found myself thinking today about how I kind of want the playoffs to be over. My stress-level has been through the roof for almost 2 months now. I want it to be over, but only if we win. I want constructive activity to occupy my evenings after the playoffs are over.
Win tomorrow, Canucks. Just win.
Kesler was minus-3 yesterday. He's obviously hurt and running out of gas. that little Boner Marchand burned him like he was Aki Berg yesterday. He put the team on his back for one whole series, and he's gassed. Wonder if someone can "pull a Kesler" tomorrow and from here on out? Hopefully.
I guess Krejci and Thomas have to be mentioned in the Conn Smythe now....before I was sure it would be a Canuck winning it, now I'm not.

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment