Wednesday 15 June 2011

Boston Bruins: 2011 Stanley Cup Champs

Fuck.
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.
It hurts so...bad.
We just had no gas left in the tank tonight. Our Defense looked exhausted. We showed flashes of offensive pressure, particularly by our top 6, (did you expect anything less, Haters?), but to no avail. It wasn't meant to be.
I feel really bad for all the players, mostly. Most of us will never know what it's like to work so hard for something, break bones for something, throw up for something, only to come up short and have to start all over again the next time the opportunity comes around again. The opportunity will come around for this group of guys, but will they be able to seize the day next time? Idunno.
Most of the core guys are under contract. We gotta sign Bieksa.
We had some fun though, didn't we? over the last 65 days?
Don't forget all the fun it was, even though we lost.
I'm emotionally out of gas from these playoffs. I can't take another day of sports for a while.
I'll be right there when the season starts again next year though, fully expecting them to win every game. Fully expecting to have fun watching when they all play well, and fully expecting to curse each players very existence when they shit the bed.
Luongo sucked in game 6, yes. But cut him some slack. As I said, this team will be back. He'll learn from his meltdown, and come back better than ever.
As much as it pains me to say this, I'm happy for Tim Thomas to hoist the Stanley Cup. talk about never giving up on a dream! Dude was in his mid-30's when he broke into the NHL! Look at him now...
Don't quit, people. Get what you want. It's yours if you want it bad enough. Tim Thomas would probably tell you that.
Our boys wanted it tonight, but Boston just wanted it a bit more.
No shame, just pride for this Canucks fan.
Thanks for reading my blog, everyone! I'm done now though. Hopefully I made you laugh, made you like hockey a bit more, and hopefully I made the games slightly more enjoyable to watch!
Gave me something to do everynight (well, almost every night). A little sense of responsibility, for which, until then, I had none.
Wonder what'll happen next year? Have a good summer, everyone. May you recover fully from the playoffs, get back to a normal routine, maybe do some things you've wanted to do for a while, and may you all still believe in the Canucks.

xosmlxo

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I know this was your last post, and I am ok with that. I am also ok with the fact the the finals are over, we lost, i can live with that. So I was looking forward to kinda put the whole Stanley Cup being me and move onto something else. Read some other stories, get up to speed on what Harper & Layton have been doing. But I wake up just to be reminded of that damned night. Those stupid riots (which by the way I do think is a healthy form of expression, but not when premeditated like these were) just keep being the topic of choice for newscasts. I sure hope that on Monday something else is of interest because I want to forget it ever happened, all of it! I want to feel like I had a good time following the run, then blacked out, and now its Father's day. hooray!
    Enough of the; who should be charged, is it right for someone to pose with fire in the background, or with riot police in background...etc/
    Whatever, only people that did anything wrong are the ones who incited the riot and those who stole merchandise or smashed/burned cars.
    Ofcourse its awesome that you are actually there and you need a picture. Reporters and newscasters are acting like its horrific and immoral or something?!?! Meanwhile they are boosting on how THEY were there in 94 and making sure to show footage of them standing/reporting on scene with riot in the backdrop. I mean, they are proud that they were there in 94 and ofcourse that they are there now.
    When you tell your kids of Nucks hockey you can tell them " I was there at the riots of twenty-eleven, here's a pic of me standing amongst the burning cars" Does that sound about normal to everyone reading this? Does to me, so I dont see what the stink is. Oh, wait they are youthful and you are old and that is what the reporters dont like. Dont hate the youth for being cooler than you, or at least believing they are.
    So get the hooligans and leave the others alone.
    And Vancouver, don';t give up on outdoor events. It took two decades to build the atmosphere and scene you have now, don't let it slip away.

    ReplyDelete