Monday 16 May 2011

Can you FEEEEEEL that?!

Yes you can, Leyzerites.
Yes. You. Can.
mmm mmm it feels good. Feels good to be in Vancouver right now, doesn't it? The weather isn't perfect, it's not as warm as it should be, and the cherry blossoms are all starting to shed their pink. I say, "WHO GIVES A TURD!?" to that!
Today was strange, no? Did anyone else observe what was going on? You could literally feel a wave of happiness over the city today. It was strange. It's Monday for fuck sakes. That shit should NOT be happenin! I should've gotten honked at on Knight St., sworn at by a dirty old contractor, slapped by a lady and children should've been crying at every corner. Isn't that what Mondays are all about?
Thanks to the victory last night, such was not the case. I was literally working on an old hotel downtown, loaded with the gruffest, most haggard dudes on the planet (I fit in quite nicely. I've learned. I adapt to my surroundings), and all I got was handshakes, "yup, absolutely, that sounds great my friend"'s, and "fuckin Canucks, eh?" in a tone beyond optimistic. Great stuff, and not what I'm used to at all.
Radio broadcasters were happy, lacked cynicism, I bet Glen Healy even said something nice about someone today. Ah, probably not.
I saw an Asian man, who looked to be 17000 year old, give a high five to a young Hispanic boy on the bus today. Kid's mom was sitting beside him. She was not nervous, the boy was happier than a pig in shit to give him a high five, and they all smiled.
I saw, on the same bus ride, two old obese Indian women, beautifully dressed in their robes (forgive the ignorance as to what they're actually called), give each other friendly punches to the arm, and laugh as their nose rings sparkled in a brief moment of sunshine. FRIENDLY PUNCHES TO THE ARM BY SENIOR CITIZENS!!!!!
Okay, let's admit it. We've all been taking bong rips off Snoop's. No? Well, I'm sure some of you have. Some of you may be right now. You may be stuffing your faces, and laughing your asses off.
That is the only option I can think of, other than the obvious. That the Canucks of 2011 are a magical team. That their memory will be with the people that are swept up in the "whirlwind" of this spring for a very long time, even if they don't win the cup. That people playing a sport because they love it, working so hard to fight for every millimetre on the ice is inspiring. It makes us believe in the power of one's heart. That the guys that actually play for the Canucks, are willing to take on the weight of a whole city (I thought about making an attack on all the people who aren't on the bandwagon, but do I really think they're reading this? No. They're watching Fox news. Or littering.), because they feel it's importance to every little fan, and they want the feeling of letting people live and dream through them. I think most athletes are a special lot. They have an enormous amount of pressure. They have to make a million people happy, or they're hated. These Canucks are a special lot. Even Raffi Torres. He played well last night. Crazy little Tazmanian Devil, damn it, I love ya, despite our history. fuck it. *bro hug* *knuckles*
So there ya have it. If you walked by me on the street, and you were just torched out of your mind, thanks for the smile anyways. If you are high on Canucks, thanks even more.
Hopefully I will have something to bitch about in the East final tomorrow! I'm sure I will!!! That's right, Bruins powerplay, i'm comin for ya....wait till tomorrow. ohhhh yes!

xosmlxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment