Sunday 22 May 2011

So Close...

I can feel it in my loins. The city is 1 win away from a mass big "O". BIIIIIIG fawkin win today.
The old hockey saying, "You're never in trouble til you lose one at home" hopefully applies to those damn Sharks!
Can we PLEASE close this one out on home ice this time? Not like the last series where I was all prepped to go apeshit down Granville St. with all the Crazies. please!?!? I hope beyond hope for that to happen. Only this time, it'll be bigger than the celebration I thought would happen if we beat Nashville. MUCH MUCH bigger. It'll bring buildings to the ground. It'll set my hair on fire. My pubes, even! It could be dangerous, but, just like everytime you set your pubes on fire, the outcome will always end in utter elation.
I think that the story was pretty clear in this game. 2 teams played hockey in Northern California. Both teams had periods where they were horribly undisciplined (although, me being the "homer" that I am, I thought most of the calls against Vancouver were a bit embellished), both teams had their chances on the man-advantage. San Jose had their crack at it first, and they didn't capitalize. In fact, the Canucks penalty killers looked to be more dangerous out there than the Sharks PP! Then came the Canucks turn to play with the man-advantage. Boom. Boom. Boom. 3 goals on the man-advantage. BOOM! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE THE ROOM! BOOM SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE THE ROOM...TICK TICK TICK TICK BOOM! Game over.
It came down to special teams. We flourished, they fuckedup.
So fuck em. Fuck their half-assed comeback near the end, it was never gonna be enough.
Fuck RyanE Clowe for punching Ryan Kesler in the grill.
Actually, fuck Ryan Kesler for falling down like a bitch, too. The games over, you're not gonna draw a penalty, be a man and take the punch, or take a swing back.
Praise Sami Salo's bomb from the back-end. The above picture is what we're used to seeing Sami look like. A history of injury that would make Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" weep and beg for his daughter's love. Oh wait, he already did that. Bitch ass.
Kidding, that movie rules and so does Mickey Rourke, and so does begging for shit if you really need it. Well, it doesn't rule, but I think it's effective.
Whatever, I'm rambling. Let's enjoy the sweet taste of victory in our mouths today, and hope we can finish this off and go to our first Cup in 17 years! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment