Tuesday 26 April 2011

good things come in 3's.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd BREATHE, Canuckleheads!,

How fucking beautiful was that? That was special. Period. Philly just beating the snot out of Buffalo....kidding.
What I really wanna write about is Montreal getting it DONE ON HOME Ice......no, I don't really but I hope they win tomorrow. Do you love Michael Cammalleri as much as I?
.....
CANUCKS WIN GAME SEVEN! IN OVERTIME! THE DRAGON IS SLAYED! HAWKS SAWK HAWKS (that's Flin Flon talk for "fuck you Chicago")
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? What is it with overtime, series clinching goals that makes people really fucking horny?! What is that?! I'm sure there's chemical and biological reasons that I'm not really concerned about, I just find it fascinating! Once I left the Canuck Kingdom (what i'm calling the house where i've been watching the playoffs), walking through the misty night, listening to car honking and cheering from all over the city, all I could think about was sex. Well, that's not true. I'd go from sex, to the goal briefly, and back to sex. So, a proposition for my loyal followers: Find me a playoff girlfriend.  I certainly don't want to go to the trouble of courting a woman, and having to go through all the pleasantries that happen before you fall in love. Let's just me and this hypothetical girlfriend use our mutual love of the Canucks to by-pass all of that garbage that we hate, and move straight into celebration sex. I don't have time, so my loyal followers must do the work.
She Must Be:1. hot
2. over the age of 18
3. under the age of....oh fuck that.
4. an enthusiastic Canucks fan.

That is all that is required. Oh wait.
5. must be reasonably intelligent.

So there you have it, loyal followers: A challenge for you while we gear up to meet the Nashville Predators...and yes,  a Carrie Underwood lookalike will suffice for the above mentioned girlfriend. I suppose...

So.
To be,
or not to be.
That is the question.
Right? good things come in 3's. Or good drama, rather. the ultimate question. the meaning of life, in three parts. For all of you that have never read that quote before (i would imagine there are a few out there), I'll give it to you in hockey terms: "You want the puck on your stick, you don't want the puck on your stick. That's what it boils down to when the series and the game goes deep"
More 3's for you. We won three, that was act 1. Chicago won 3. That was act 2. Act 3 came to Rogers arena on this beautiful Tuesday night. The 3rd act had to break the tension. I had been thinking of the number 3 all day today for some reason. The only explanation is that I was so stressed out all day by going over all the possible outcomes and ups and downs and comebacks and penalties and beatdowns on the streets in my head, and I had to leave it up to numbers and math, the universal language, to put my heart at ease. So as the number 3 is doing figure 8's around my head, I thought "Well it's gotta be Hank. Hank's gonna have a big game." He kind of stunk tonight, eh? Had the game on his stick and he dished it to the backdoor...But nevertheless, the boys bailed out their captain who's been of all series.
But, of course, numbers don't lie. 4-1 = 3. Alex Burrows's number is 14. Close enough. 3 goals were scored in the game, Burrows had 3 chances to score. 
3 is the number of hairs Patrick Kane will shave off his face this evening.
3rd time's a charm for Vancouver to slay their dragon.
Doesn't it feel fucking good, people? Yes, it does! It's relieving. It's inspiring. Those guys saw no other option tonight than a W. That was the only thing that was happening. Didn't you know after taking one look at Luongo during "Oh Canada" that he was there? In the present, ghosts and goblins and demons and hairgel all stuffed in his locker, far far away from the ice surface.
Has a Canuck EVER  wanted it as bad as Ryan Kesler tonight? Maybe Linden in 1994...MAYBE. Kesler wanted that more than anything in his life. I think he said that even in an interview, and I 100% believe him. He wanted to be.
The depth players were stellar. They generated WAY more opportunities than I expected. I thought maybe one of our trade deadline acquisitions was gonna pull through for us tonight. Nice work, there Mike Gillis.
The defense, in the words of Mike Tyson, impregnable.  Hamhuis looked like he's actually won a playoff series. Bieksa is turning into a must-sign in the off season. He's a heart and soul guy you can really lean on. He's a Canuck. His blood is Blue, Green, Silver, Purple, Burgundy, Red, Orange, Yellow and Black.
Maybe the next series is the Sedins coming out party. Let's hope.
I just loved the effort tonight, man. That was a treat to be a part of, and something I'll never forget. Courage personified. Heart personified. Let us also not forget how Burrows scored that goal. I told you FUCKERS! YOU CAN'T STOP A HALF CLAP TOP CHEDS! IMPOSSIBLE! believe in that shit and kids, start doing it all the time. you'll never lose if you go top cheds, and you'll certainly never lose with a half clap.
Let's not assume we won the cup though, people. Nashville is a VERY fucking good team. They get it done without a star forward. their 3rd and 4th lines are playing like 2nd lines on any team. that's scary when you have 4 2nd lines. very balanced and playing inspired hockey. Luongo's nominated for the Vezina this year for the leagues best goalie. Guess who's gonna win it? Nashville's goalie, Pekka Rinne. (say his name like you're singing The Macarena...it's hilarious. heyyyyyy Pekka Rinne!). And if you thought Chicago's defense was unstoppable, our forwards will have fun getting through Shea Weber and Ryan Suter. the best 1, 2 punch in the NHL. The second coming of Keith and Seabrook...only bigger and meaner. Sorry to say folks, but we're in for another long series.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to listen to a lullabye. It's this song by The Fratellis, called Chelsea Dagger. It brings me to a place of Zen now. Thank you, Canucks.

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment