Wednesday 20 April 2011

overtime magic, and by magic I mean...

2 weak goals that all but spelled the end for Tampa and New York tonight. They're both going on the road for game 5 and I think both of those series are as good as over. MAYBE Tampa squeaks out game 5, but I doubt it. Rangers - no fucking way. Not after blowing a 3 goal lead like that.

Greetings Stoners,

Happy 4/20 to you all. I hope you're all nicely bloated from the 6 dinners you ate this evening, and I hope you listened carefully to all the nonsense that was spoken around you and amongst the cloud of pot smoke you were in. That's the worst when someone says something really fucking dumb when they're stoned, and everyone knows it, and finally someone bursts out laughing and says "what the fuck did you just say, man?" and you just know the guy was freaking the fuck out for the 9 seconds of silence that preceded the outburst. That's certainly never happened to me before. I've never embarassed myself after putting too much poison in my body. EVER!
Just legalize the shit, already though. Let people smoke it, and let the ones that can't handle it slip away into dark rooms in their parents house or huts on some remote island. Somethings missing in your life if you're smoking too much weed, anyways. So fix it. Heal your wounds. Or kiss my ass. one of the two. For everyone else that indulges in the odd joint, I say keep smoking.
Is there anything better than a game that goes into overtime in the playoffs? The drama leading up to it in the dying seconds of regulation. The guys you pick from each time to score to make it even more interesting. The chance that you might see something of legendary proportions. The extra effort that certain guys put in in extra time. I find it fascinating to watch that last part in particular. You see guys just fucking dying to survive out there. It's such a ballsy test of will. Martin St. Louis looked like he'd do just about anything to win tonight...too bad he didn't. poor little bugger. James Neal scored a softy that Roloson should've had FOR SURE. But, that's what happens when you're a million years old and still playing hockey. The reflexes go first.
Can I get ANOTHER hallelujah for ANOTHER Manitoban just lighting it up in the playoffs? Aaron Asham from Portage la Prairie, MB! I've been there only once, and I remember driving through it and saying to myself  "fuuuck. this is the ulgiest town i've ever seen." I also played my last minor  hockey game against Portage La Prairie, and was kicked out very quickly for smashing a guys head in the boards. Something that might garner an NHLer a 1 game suspension these days. Or 5. or none at all. Who knows what the fuck to expect anymore.
I expect Jarko Ruutu to get a couple games for his hit on Marty Erat, though. If for no other reason that he's in trouble with the NHL at least once a year.
I really thought Nashville was gonna take it to Anaheim tonight...guess I was wrong in fearing them for the Canuckleheads in the next round. Now I think that series is WIDE OPEN. I'm not even gonna guess that one anymore. Momentum's just getting passed back and forth. Carrie Underwood's still a fox.
I am starting to realize that my passion is given a significant slap in the butt when the Canucks or Habs are playing. I didn't get to see the Sabres Flyers game because I don't have TSN2. Shame on me. This is the worst blog I've ever written. fuck my life. am I losing my swagger? have I been infected by the virus the canucks had last night? what the hell is gonna happen if this, as one loyal fan described, "ice rape" continues? Can  the city of vancouver sustain another heartbreak? is the rest of Canucks Nation doubting our boys as much as I am? should I never been depended on for anything if I give up on things as soon as they show signs of imperfection? why is it raining? I'm still not over yesterday, clearly. know any cheap shrinks in vancouver? ANYONE?
NOT a member of the all-Manitoba team: Dustin Penner of Winkler, MB. 5 million dollars apparently doesn't pay for backchecking. Ferraro must've had some choice words for him last night. too bad I was too busy throwing a tantrum in my bedroom to see.
I find it kind of ironic that Phoenix may play it's last game as the Coyotes tonight against the same team that knocked the franchise out of Winnipeg in the first place. Funny how things have bookends. Go Wings. Bring the Jets back.
Game 5 tomorrow night. Rogers Arena. fuck. I hope this turns out well...

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment