Monday 25 April 2011

Twas the night before...

The most important game of the millenium for the Vancouver Canucks. Not going to continue ripping off the Christmas Carol, but you get the idea. Same sort of feeling. Restless tonight. Nervous. Still hurting from yesterday.
Things I Will Need Tomorrow
1. Many cigarettes.
2. My unwashed Canucks gear.
3. A massage from any woman who likes hockey, doesn't talk about it (inquiring about it is fine. Having an opinion is encouraged. Curiosity is good.), and fully supports my passion (don't fucking call it obsession or I'll punch you) of hockey.
4. Not sleep in for work, like I did today - GO ALARMCLOCK GO!
5. TO NOT FEEL AS SAD AS I DID YESTERDAY!!!!!
seriously, that was not cool. I was in a fog all day. I even went as far as to notify a fellow Canucks fan that the sun did NOT, in fact, come out today. I can hope for tomorrow. In fact, that will be the common theme of this blog I believe (we'll see if I can write in a theme by just doing it off the cuff): hope.
What more is left to do? For the Canucks players, they're the better team, they should be prepared. They can only hope that they can impose their gameplan on the Blackhawks and hope that it is too powerful to match. Hope that the Sedins can get a few points each. Hope that Kesler can keep Johnny Toews off the scoresheet, and get on it himself. Hope the bottom 6 forwards can create a little offense, defend well, and bang some blackhawk around. Hope they win the battles along the boards. Hope their celebrated defensive core jump up on the rush. Hope that same defensive core punish along the boards in their end. HOPE LUONGO IS READY TO ROCK. I'm still hoping for Schneider to start, and I've been beating my baseball analogy to death here. But fuck it, I'll repeat it. It's not the end of Roberto Luongo's career if they start Schneider and Vancouver wins. Corey Schneider is merely pinch hitting or pinch running for his boy. No big deal. It's a team game. Luongo's confidence will be fine if he doesn't have to go tomorrow. If he doesn't start tomorrow and they lose, he's still a bum to everyone in Vancouver. But if he plays and plays as he has in the past 3 games....well, I don't even want to speculate what might happen. I'd consider retirement if I was him, honestly. If Schneider starts, and they win. Go ahead and start Luongo in game 1 of the next series. He can have a glance at his stats and say to himself "no big deal, I can do this.". Goalies are weird people.
Of course, best case and least likely scenario: Luongo starts, and makes 25 saves for the win. Or he steals a game, I guess.
But all this blabbering means very little. It's all left up to chance now. and all we Canucks fans can do is hope. We can cheer, curse Dave Bolland's seriously ugly face, pretend we don't like Johnny Toews for another game, pretend we don't wish we had Duncan Keith in our celebrated defensive core to play with Bieksa (Leyzer's first star last night.), slap highfives, get slapped by girls we try to make out with, all that good stuff. But we must hope. If not, why watch?
Who will win tomorrow? Well, I'm not going to pull a Mark Messier and guarantee anything. I won't even pull a Leyzer and "pretty much guarantee" anything. (Pretty Much Guaranteeing is something I would accidentally do as a young man. I would Pretty Much Guarantee that I would get laid on a saturday night, and be puking in a gutter by 9pm. A Pretty Much Guarantee is as good as ratshit.). I will say that I hope the team that deserves it wins. We're even so far. Let's snap the even stevenness, eh boys?

San Jose, Detroit, Nashville and Vancouver/Chicago is the second round in the West.
Nothing decided in the East, though. 2 series are going 7 games after today. I'm not really surprised that Tampa came back. How are you supposed to stop the puck if you're Marc-Andre Fleury and Ryan Malone goes "Halfclap, top cheds" on you? It's impossible to stop. Conner should've thought of that before duffing his penalty shot from hell. You can't stop my blogs namesake. Remember that.
I think Tampa might pull this one out. If you're just looking at the teams cores, they have the edge. More star power, more grit, more pure talent, Who is Pittsburgh's core, anyways? a bunch of runoff from a turd Sidney Crosby took, that's who.
Nice celly, Joe Thornton....yikes.
Remember when he couldn't perform in the playoffs? it happens sometimes to good players. the world will not end if Vancouver loses. Big Joe keeps coming back every year.
Vigneault will be fired if we lose. For sure. They won't blow up the team or anyth----FUCK! WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!? ENOUGH OF THIS! IF I DON'T VISUALIZE, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Let's just hope, people. We are the better team, and the better team should win. the officiating stunk last game, ya. and I love what Gillis did today. turns a pubichair of focus away from Luongo and on the Zebras, even if for just tonight.
Let's get mean tomorrow. Chicago's such a meaner town than Vancouver. We're sportsmanlike and fair. Fuck that. Make the Hawks never wanna fucking come back here again if you're at the game. If you're not. Make them feel you from home. Put your junk on the table. Let's take what's ours. Fuck the Hawks.

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment