Saturday 23 April 2011

He's back! Stronger, Handsomer, Smarterer, and Beardier than EVER!

West Coast. West Coast,

Had to take an off-day yesterday. It is speculated that it was for religious reasons, but nah. God's the man and all, but I just wanted to let this blog breathe a little bit, so I could come back stronger than ever. I'm sure Lance Armstrong has days off. Obama. Hitler. Ted Danson. All hard-working fellas, all probably took days off. Know who else has off days? THE CANUCKS! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP! Ya, so the fuck what? I haven't recovered from Thursday yet. Big fucking deal. I'm human. I'm allowed to grieve. I'm allowed to be resentful to a group of guys I've never met before who somehow have an active part in my day-to-day activities.
I'd like to stay that I spent my off-day hidden from the world in my basement suite, watching hockey in my sweatpants and Josh Hamilton jersey, but such is not the case. I decided, "no Leyzer! NO! You're not gonna sit around and sulk all fucking day. You're gonna get out there and carpe the fuck out of this diem and you're gonna do everything in your power to make this sunny Good Friday roll into a beautiful long weekend despite the Canucks putting together the worst 60 minutes of hockey they could possibly put together." So what did I do, you ask? Ya, I fucking drove to work, dropped a truck off (in Richmond), and jogged home in the sun. Without a shirt. According to the reflective busstops, I looked pretty damn good. Almost in summertime form.
Buffalo is FOR REAL, even though Philly was missing Pronger and Carter. There's something special about this little Sabres team,but Esche, er, Chechmanek, er, Hextall, er, Boucher, er who the fuck was in net for the Flyers again?....shouldn't have let out that juicy rebound to Wee Little Tyler Ennis. a Flyer goalie fucks up...wow, big surprise! Go Sabres!
and GO PREDATORS! I always think that a good sign that a team might make a run in the playoffs is when their grinders are putting points up. Nashville has the luxury of having almost no non-grinders on their team, so it's easy for me to think that they're gonna go deep this year. I think Tootoo is playing unbelievable. Reminiscent of his junior days. Hope they take the series.
ummm...Bobby Ryan...that was ridiculous.
So, like I said earlier, the Rangers are done. Not a big surprise there. Just not deep enough to get outta this round. Although, I do agree with Pierre Mcguire when he was saying something along the lines of them having a bright future. It's true. They're just a few years off from being a beast in the east. Like Bam Bam Bigelow or Rosie O Donnell. (are they siblings?)
Mike Green HAS TO  have a concussion after taking the biscuit in the bucket. Fuck, that would be loud, eh?
What's funny though, is I don't quite believe in Washington just yet. I think they run a tight ship, and they have a really solid core, but I gotta see them make it through the next round for me to imagine them hoisting the holy grail. Love Ovechkin though. No one touches his level of excitement. Not even close.
I think all the sports psychologists that were likely in Vancouver over the past couple days have all left YVR this evening, and headed straight to Pittsburgh. The fuck was that?!?! yikes....Way to let Stamkos wake up. At least Vancouver hasn't let Toews snipe any yet....yet.........I mean, how does a handsome bugger like me even blog about something like that? what can I say? That one goal was insane, they made like 9 passes in Pittsburgh's zone before potting it. Here's where Nice Man Dan Bylsma's highly-praised coaching will come into play, I think. Can he rally the plethora of plugs from Pittsburgh to wrap this muthafucka up? For some reason I believe, probably because HBO brainwashed me into thinking that Dan Bylsma can do anything with a pat on the back and a few kind words.
Habs Bruins: Another classic, in my opinion. Those 2 goalies made some really delicious saves, especially the one Thomas made late in overtime. I thought it was a really even game, and I thought it was kinda cool to see the 3rd line for Montreal score. They were playing hard, and Lars Eller played like another Danish player did for his Canadian pro hockey team in game one of the playoffs this year. I hope Montreal doesn't get too down after the loss, because I felt like Cammalleri and Gionta are just hitting their playoff stride now. They looked dangerous all night, especially Cammalleri. Props to Don Cherry for picking Nathan Horton to score the winner, too. Has Don Cherry ever been wrong about ANYTHING! The older and wiser I get, the more I think he hasn't.
PJ Stock's quirky, and sort of the anti-CBC hockey announcer, but seriously? He can't put together a sentence....You'd think someone would help him out with that. I liked him when he played in the NHL, so I kind of want him to be good on the air, but he may as well be speaking jibberish. His boyish good looks are not sufficient enough to give sports updates.
Finally, how about Johnathan Quick tonight? 50+ saves. After watching Price, Thomas, and even Neuvirth for Washington today, I thought the top-cheds tending was done for the night. No dice! He was unbelievable, and quite the opposite to his counterpart, Stanley Cup winner Anti Niemi....yikes. He was BAD.
So San Jose has the same decision as Vancouver to make. Do you start the guy with the big contract, or do you start the other guy, who isn't letting everything that comes near him in the net? I think both franchises are gonna go with their go-to guy, but it's less likely in San Jose. Frankly i'm not comfortable with either Schneider or Luongo in net tomorrow. I'm not comfortable with tomorrow. Period. I have the Vancouver Panic Syndrome BIG TIME! Someone stuff some valium in my turkey tomorrow, please! Or I'll look like the baby at the top of the blog! Get some rest tonight, Canucks fans. Don't piss your bed. You think Henrik's injured? I don't.

xosmlxo

No comments:

Post a Comment