Sunday 17 April 2011

I hate to say I told you so...

Evening Bitches,

Beautiful day out there in East Van today, eh? The sun was shining, and spring has officially sprung out here. Perfect time to watch the playoffs, and then go blow off some steam with a nice long walk. I suggest that to all of you.
Few games in the "L" tonight. Looks like the Rangers took all of my criticism and snuck out a victory against the Capitals tonight. As that series went on, I was starting to think sweep for Washington, but New York proved me wrong. Looks like Dubinsky had a good night out there. How many players in the league are from Anchorage, Alaska?? There seems to be a whole shitload of them. Must have a good program up there. Dubinsky's one of them, and he's turning into a bona fide...pretty average player. Ovechkin's still hungry, though, so don't expect the series to last anymore than a couple more games.
Caught the Nashville Anaheim game. Looked like the fans were really into it, which is good for a struggling market like Nashville. That franchise needs a playoff run like no one's business, and I gotta say, I'm kind of rootin' for them. Although, if they win, I think that means there's a good chance they'll play Vancouver, and I don't want that to happen. Nice to see Jordin Tootoo score tonight. I always root for the Northern boy, and I always root for the Native American boy, that played some junior hockey down the road from my hometown in The Pas, MB. I'm glad to see he made some steps in turning his personal life around and it's showing up in tangible results down in Music City. Mike Fisher's proving to be the pickup of the year for Nashville. How hot did Carrie Underwood look at the game tonight, too. Oh. My. The game had a lot of sandpaper in it, and who knows? Maybe if Mr. Bobby Ryan didn't make like Happy Gilmore and use his skate as a knife to stab someone, he might've factored in on that 1 goal Anaheim needed...Emery played well, despite the loss. Look out for Nashville, Vancouverites. Along with Detroit. It's not gonna be an easy road to get to the Promised Land.
So, now that the obligatory blurbs on the games I have little interest in are through, I can get on to what I actually wanna blog about...
DID I NOT SAY TO NOT PLAY TORRES TONIGHT?!? DID A.V. NOT READ THIS FUCKING BLOG?! Someone needs to forward him this address, pronto. All you have to do is watch old video of Raffi "Bananaphone" Torres doing an interview. Any interview. He's an IDIOT! I hate to be hating on the guy because of his intelligence, but I just can't fucking resist. Watch the interview they did with him discussing why he DOESN'T wear a visor. He sounds like the stoner kid you sat by in grade 10 english class that you KNEW would drop out, move to Fort McMurray, develop a crack addiction, and never be heard of again. He's not smart. "uhhh....you know, once you make the jump from junior you kinda take the visor off like you just made it or whatever." Fuck you, Raffi. That's stupid, and you played like a stupid person tonight. You said you weren't gonna change your game? Well let me tell you something, Buds. Your game is now A PENALTY! You can't run guys when they're not looking. "Can not do it. Can not win widdim. Can not coach widdum. Can't do it!" - Mike Singleterry. Having Raffi Torres in the lineup nearly cost the Canucks all their momentum in the series. By him running around, taking runs at guys and not getting the puck afterwards, he just made himself a liability out there. So fuck Raffi Torres, bring in the kid Hodgson and let someone with a bit of skill lace em up. Skill over experience. Experience doesn't mean shit anymore. How experienced were Drew Doughty and Johnny Toews for Team Canada during the Olympics. They weren't. But they were fucking skilled, passionate boys that wanted to win. Hodgson'll bring that, too. (i'm not saying he's as good as Drew or Johnny...)Just get Raffi out of the lineup.
Thank God Vancouver is deep enough to work around some meathead running around like an idiot to fight through his antics and pull out a crucial W. Wayta go, Boys. One more win, then regroup.
Well, that's about it for today. Spring has sprung. I got hit on by TWO, countem, TWO women in a grocery store today. Yay me and my pretty face. I suggest you all do the same, that is, hit on me the next time you see me. In a grocery store, on the street, whatever. It's all good. Bring that shit on. Them women were hot, too. So step up.

xosmlxo

1 comment:

  1. GREAT WEEKEND for HOCKEY FANS (well HABS & CANUCKS!)

    ReplyDelete