Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Playoffs Begin! And my blog continues!

Hey Sexmachines,

First, quickly, Loki: People that say they don't vote because there are no good candidates, are no different than people that go on hunger strikes because they don't like several options that are put in front of them. Eat something - there's even a vegetarian option for fuck sakes (what's up Lizzie May, xoxo).I say, loudly and proudly, FUCK YOU ASSHOLES to all of them. They're just lazy. They're just assholes.
Just got back from watching the Canucks game in the West End. I was a little nervous going down there to watch the game, to be honest. I wasn't sure if I was pretentious enough to walk those streets, but it turns out, yes. It turns out that I AM in fact pretentious enough! Here I am, writing a blog. Here I am, acting so that people will see what a complex, beautiful soul I own. Here I am, not being paid to act, yet still insisting that's what I am, by trade. Of course I'm pretentious enough to walk the streets of the West End. I just need to throw 2 bedsheets up in my living room/kitchen to have 2 new roommates occupy my space, then I'd fit right in! Maybe I'll try Yaletown for game 2. Nah, don't feel like waxing my chest. OUCH!

Anyhoo, nothing overly shocking to report in the playoffs today. Weird! Usually something wild happens right off the bat. All of the teams I thought would win, did. Ohhhh big surprise, Leyzer's smart! The Rangers looked ALOT better than I expected them to be, and it turns out Marion Gaborik does in fact own a soul. Congrats, man. Too bad your team isn't skilled enough to out-gun the Caps. Ovechkin was playing hard, kicked it into 1000th gear tonight. I'd like to comment on the OT winner, but all I saw was a pass come across the top of the circle, and then some Russians were dancing around the ice. Couldn't see the shot, it was too fast. Someone tell Henrik Lundqvist that the games over, cuz I think he's still looking for where that puck went.
Shea Weber's the beauty I told you he would be, and I actually describe him as the Greek God of Fear today, which Im sure is true, regardless of his family tree. Fuck his family tree. He was conceived immaculately.
Detroit looks like the well-oiled machine I wasn't sure they'd be - sans Zetterberg. and Bryzgalov....you gotta have those ones. Come on, bro. it's the playoffs.
ahhhh now onto the game at "The Roj". THE THIRD LINE! I mean, talk about stepping up! They were all over the Blackhawks tonight. Raymond looked great out there with Hansen, and Hodgson didn't looked lost for the first time this year. He's a 3rd line centre for life, but that's okay. He did his job. The wingers were flying on that third line tonight, and you know the boys are slapping their bare asses in the showers tonight.
Lu was outstanding tonight, but is it really outstanding when he puts in efforts like that, night in and night out? I just come to expect it now. I am not one of those fans that hates on Luongo every chance they get. I expect top-notch goaltending from him, because he's a top-notch goaltender. He's got Schneider behind him, as a HUGE buffer, there's so little pressure on that guy in the locker room that he can just go out there and stop pucks. I even heard a friend say "jeeez, I just want Luongo to get the shutout tonight..." (amateur...), and I didn't give two shits. You knew he was gonna get it. and you know he's gonna be solid next game. He might let in a bad goal this playoffs, he might lay an egg completely in one game. He's got a TEAM behind him this year, and they, collectively, lift the pressure off of him. That's how things get done in life. With a little help from your friends. That's how Canucks win cups. That's how Canadians get people to vote. That's how we have threesomes. Foursomes.
Edler's a beast. Fuck it, all the boys hit hard tonight. They imposed their will against their most hated rivals. My only criticism is that the 1st line was off tonight...but, again, same thing as with Luongo: they don't have to get you 5 pts each a night. If the twins are off, if they just donated half their salary to another charity and their minds are elsewhere (likely in the same place), then someone's stepping up. It's how greatness is achieved. Keep doing what you're doing, boys. One game at a time. Friday Night should be fun.

Love the Roger Neilson statue outside "the roj", I guess I'll call it "The Rog" now..cuz we all know it's short for Roger.
I'm fucking tired cuz I've been up for hours drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and screaming into the streets, so I'ma shut this one down early. Goodnight. Have wet dreams. Or sex before bed. Think of me.

questions:
1. anyone notice Jim Hughson call Ryan Kesler, "Kessel" tonight?
2. Don't you like it when people look happy on the streets after a Canucks win?
3. Don't you like it when people look happy on the streets?
4. Why do unfortunate things always seem to happen to people in the winter?
5. Does anyone else resent the fact they like that shitty Green Day song they play when the Canucks score?
6. Can we change that song, despite the shameful appeal it has on me?

1 comment:

  1. 1. anyone notice Jim Hughson call Ryan Kesler, "Kessel" tonight?
    I'm sure, but I did't.
    2. Don't you like it when people look happy on the streets after a Canucks win?
    Yes, its magical!
    3. Don't you like it when people look happy on the streets?
    Depends, but usually I'll join in.
    4. Why do unfortunate things always seem to happen to people in the winter?
    Because it is most unfortunate in the winter.
    5. Does anyone else resent the fact they like that shitty Green Day song they play when the Canucks score?
    Fuck that!
    6. Can we change that song, despite the shameful appeal it has on me?
    Not if you like cream in your pants.

    ReplyDelete