Thursday 14 April 2011

The Price is Right, Bitch.

Hello Beautiful,

I really mean that. I bet anyone that reads this blog is drop-dead gorgeous. I might even describe you as a "dime".
How 'bout those Habs? I KNOW I KNOW! I picked them to lose, but hey, it's the playoffs. Anything can happen. Especially when you have a goalie that's as dialed in as Carey Price. How did this evolution happen? I wrote off Price after his first shaky start in the bleu, blanc, et rouge. Spoken like a true fan of a Canadian hockey team. "what have ya done for me lately" is what they say, and Carey - sorry - Mr. Price, you've been doing ALOT lately. Carrying the team on your back all year, staring speculation and scrutiny directly in the eye, and just doing your job. Like the professional you've turned into. Montreal still needs to be better to get past the Bruins, though. Boston stunk like any movie starring Paul Walker or Katherine Heigl tonight. YIKES! The team effort of the Habs proved effective tonight, and the neanderthals from Beantown looked like they just got back from a 5 day bender at the Dropkick Murphy's house. Don't look for history to repeat itself: They'll take some B-12 vitamins tonight, smoke a big joint, get lots of sleep, and the hangover will be cured.
I must apologize about my earlier comments about Buffalo, nah fuck it - I still think Buffalo is a piece of shit of a city. BUT I am growing fond of their hockey team! Gone are the days of Donald Audette, Pat Lafontaine and Alexei Zhitnik, but never fear Sabres fans (how many are there, actually?) - You have some jam in your step these days! No one's been hotter in the last little while than Buffalo, and I might have a new favourite NHL hockey player. Love the Gerbe kid. 2nd coming of Theo Fleury. I can't believe how tough he is on the puck. And of course, Ol' Faithful Ryan Miller is between the pipes, stopping anything that comes near him. he's really skinny apparently, and has to have his goalie pads custom-made to fit his twigs. Damn good backstop, though. Does Philly miss Pronger THAT much?
Well, as I'm typing, the west coast game is in overtime, So i'll just make a quick comment on it. That was a dirty fucking hit on the part of Jared Stoll, and I hope he pays dearly. Like "2-4 games" dearly. He won't though. Maybe 2. I felt bad for fellow Mantioban Ian White. He was seeing stars after that, and I bet he's concussed pretty badly. In case you have no history of concussions, lemme tell you how it feels. You know that game you used to play with your friends, where you take turns sticking your head in your dad's vice clamp on his workbench? Well it feels like your head is in the vice, and it's right at the point where you start to cry for your mom, only your mom can't cure your concussion. It's fucking painful and unbearable at times, and my heart goes out to people that suffer a concussion.
Y'all played that game right? RIGHT????
My OT picks - Setoguchi for San Jose, and Richardson for LA.
Lastly, a quick blurb on Canucks "swagger". I heard a reporter talking today about how he didn't like how Robert Luongo was a bit arrogant last night during his post-game interview (i guess he called a fellow reporter of his "buds" after he asked him a stupid question like "is your perfect widow's peak intentional?"). I say, "Go ahead, Lu. Treat reporters, fans, your grampa, however you want. Just keep winning." Plus, I think the best athletes in the world can afford a bit of arrogance anyways. It's just confidence overflow. Fuck it, let Lu make you feel stupid. It was a stupid question, and you're stupid for asking it, Reporterman.
They all seemed uber-relaxed in the video, but still extremely focused on the task-at-hand. Good. win the next shift. and worry about the next one when it comes. Be here now, boys.
Also - if you're still skeptical about people rockin' canucks garb , big trucks sporting huge Johnny Canuck flags, horn honking, and boob-flashing in the streets, just go to hell. You're probably a Calgary Flames fan or a Leafs fans, and that's my idea of hell so just stay where the fuck you are. I'll be the guy enjoying a positive thing. it's that simple. Something fun is happening in the city, and everyone should just enjoy it, really. Who cares if a hockey player whooped your ass in highschool. I got beat up by a hockey player, too. I beat up a hockey player before, too. I actually made one cry once, haha - pussy. But that's besides the point, shit I'm going on tangents. Just, just, if you're living in Vancouver, embrace it, have fun with it, or get the hell outta my way. and everyone else's way. Eeyore.
Going to finish OT! Keep reading and thanks for the support and the laughing you're doing both in your brain and aloud when you read this!

2 comments:

  1. BTW I am beautiful, inside and out, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey really like your blog!
    Here is my 2 cents:
    You know I heard somewhere a discussion about the careful restraint that Canucks fans have. It's only natural not to want to X it or be to confident because they don't want to look like fools...again. But I don;t agree; there is nothing foolish in believing. Hey that can go on my fridge magnets.

    ReplyDelete